Listing Best Practices
Accurately describing your item and its defects can help your transactions go smoothly.
- As a reminder, Sellers can’t have more than one Fixed Price listing of an identical item at the same time. Multiples of identical Fixed Price items should be offered in a multi-quantity Fixed Price listing.
- If you list duplicate auction-style listings, only one listing without bids will appear on eBay at a time. Once the first listing receives a bid or ends, the next auction-style listing for the same item will be eligible to appear on the site.
- If you have multiple Auctions running, try to stagger their end time to increase bidding activity
Title & Description
- Keep your Title clear and accurate. Use details that clearly define your product such as: brand, item condition, model name, style, type, and part numbers or EAN/UPC codes.
- Maximize the 80 characters provided to increase Search exposure
- Avoid using special characters
- Optimize your Listing Descriptions for Mobile users to increase sales
- Clearly state your business policies to set the right buyer expectations
- Avoid complicated links that slow down the buying process
- Including clear and detailed photos of your items will help you to keep buyers happy by letting them see exactly what they will be getting.
- Capture any flaws so that buyers are aware of any known defects.
- Load up to 12 images
- Avoid stock photos
- Upload High Resolution Images (500 pixels or greater on longest side is required)
- Sellers should accurately represent the condition of their items so that buyers can find what they are looking for, and so that items are not unintentionally misrepresented.
- Explain any defects or flaws on the item.
- Use the item condition description field only to describe the condition of the item.
- Enable Best Offer and explore automation settings
- Review the new Seller Hub Growth page to compare your prices to your competitors
- Use eBay’s recommended item specifics to increase search exposure
- Build out Custom Item specifics to increase buyer awareness & seller protection
- Custom Item specifics can be used to callout what is NOT included, i.e. an accessory such a phone charger.
- Product identifiers help buyers find your item more easily, both on eBay and in search engines like Google and Bing.
- Listings that include an item’s brand, MPN, and GTIN are given greater visibility in eBay search results and navigation, and are required for certain Categories.
- Offer a flexible 30-day Return policyAccount for items being opened & inspected on/after December 25th
- Review the new customization features in the returns process
- Automate your returns process to expedite returns and refunds, or you can strategically choose to manually approve specific requests